Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds — intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically — and we wouldn't have it any other way.
See what’s happening today.
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
- Hobbytrain N H2875 Diesellokomotive Baureihe V36 der DB, Epoche III NEU OVP
- Powerful Collaborations
- orange Tiger Lying Extra Large Plush Toy 25 L By Wildlife Artists
- Lionel 18313 GG1 Green Single Stripe TMCC C9 Display 599 PRR Electric 4907
A truly welcoming community.
- Vintage 1994 PBS The Puzzle Place Leon Doll Fisher Price cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- HEXBUG Robot Wars Foldable Arena with 2 Robots provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs & Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world’s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- Rare Antique Queen Cast Iron 6 Miniature Salesman Sampler Stove, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Efe 24329k 'Club Édition' ' Bet 'Leyland Léopard Todmorden Rail Pièce de a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Lionel 6-29211 Boston & Maine 6464 Boxcar, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It’s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- Minitrix 16733 - DCC Sound Diesellok Serie 750 ZSSK Ep.V - Spur N - NEU, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Tamiya Plastic Model Honda Gorilla Spring Collection 1 6 Plated, study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- Hot Wheels Red Line Club HWC “Spoilers” Mustang Boss Hoss In Predector, a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It’s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It’s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us to seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- Revell 06753 Kit Star Wars Resistance X-Wing Fighter, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research (UR@NU), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- SOL RESIN FACTORY, MM176, 1 16 , ZUNDAPP KS-750 1 Solo FULL RESIN KIT, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
Northwestern’s Commitment to an Inclusive Environment
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing, or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes should contact the University’s Office of Equity.